The Hyattsville VFD’s live-in bunkroom program, whose alumni include fire/EMS leaders from across the nation, has limited openings for its Summer/Fall 2019 class as well as future opportunities. Here’s your chance to be part of a progressive, busy, urban department. We are excited to announce our 2019 live-in recruitment weekend events, May 3-5 & June 7-9.
Take the first step toward joining Hyattsville’s Summer 2019 Live-In Class. During this weekend you will meet current and former live-ins, as well as interact will other potential live-ins. You will go through various teamwork skills, basic fire department drills and ride along as an observer on calls. If you are interested in being considered, please fill out our inquiry form here and a member of our recruitment team will follow up.
Click to APPLY NOW
Recruit Weekend Dates & Deadlines
Once you submit your interest form, it will be reviewed and you may be invited to join us for one of our two upcoming Bunkroom Recruit Weekends:
- » May 3-5 – Application deadline April 26th
- » June 7-9 – Application deadline May 25th
Can’t make one of these weekends? Let our recruitment team know when they follow up to discuss options.
- » Preferred: Firefighter 1 (ProBoard or ISFAC preferred) & EMT (out of state/NREMT acceptable)
- » Minimum Requirement: EMT or Paramedic (for EMS only or obtain FF1 upon acceptance)
- » Candidates interested in living-in for at least three years
- » College students preferred, all others considered on case-by-case basis