Truck Company 1 returned to service on the evening of Tuesday, April 18th, following an eight month rehabilitation and upgrade project.
The rehab was completed by Pierce Manufacturing in Appleton, Wisconsin, backed by our local dealer Atlantic Emergency Solutions.
Among the key rehab and upgrade items on the 2006 Seagrave 100′ Tiller:
- Motor and transmission completely overhauled
- Full repaint and minor body work
- Full upgrade to LED lighting
- Scene lighting enhancements to 1500-watt lights and now on 12V system to run without generator
- Air conditioner refurbished to new condition
- David Clark headset communication system completely replaced
- Replaced aerial ladder intercom system
- Seating re-upholstered
- LED lighting installed in all compartments
- Electrical system upgraded, junction boxes replaced/repaired
The department expects these upgrades to not only improve working off the unit, but further extend its expectation of service time.
Kudos on a great job by our truck rehab committee on this project, starting with the bidding process all the way through returning to service.
Rehab Photo Highlights
Click to open in slideshow